Tenant's Right of First Refusal
is a thorough and authoritative guide to all aspects of residential tenants' right of first refusal under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987. It will provide practitioners with an analysis of the law from both the landlord's and the tenants' point of view, guiding the reader through the intricacies of an Act described by the judiciary as 'ill drafted, complicated and confused.'
This edition has been extensively revised and updated and takes on board the latest case-law on the subject, including:
- Savva v Galway-Cooper (CA, 2005) on the service of documents by landlord triggering time limit
- Dartmouth Court Blackheath Ltd v Berisworth Ltd (Ch, 2008) which considered whether a disposal of parts of a building are a relevant disposal
- Tudor v M25 Group Ltd (CA, 2004) on the validity of notices served by tenants
- Long Acre Securities Ltd v Karet (Ch,2005) regarding the single disposal of several buildings on one estate
- Kensington Heights Commercial Ltd v Campden Hill Developments Ltd (CA, 2007) on the rights of tenants where surrender and leaseback by landlord
In addition, a comprehensive selection of draft notices under the Act are included in an Appendix together with all relevant legislation in a fully-consolidated form.
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.