Tax Planning, Wills and Administration
Tax Planning, Wills and Administration is a new online service by Christopher Whitehouse and Professor Lesley King
* Call 0330 161 1234 to find out more about online services
NOW LAUNCHED - email jordans-salesmanager@LexisNexis.co.uk and receive a FREE 14-day trial today!
Tax Planning, Wills and Administration is a new service by Christopher Whitehouse and Professor Lesley King combining the complete text of their popular books A Modern Approach to Wills, Administration and Estate Planning and A Modern Approach to Lifetime Tax Planning, together with a bank of precedents, case transcripts, and links to HMRC Guidance and legislation.
Tax Planning, Wills and Administration comprises the following modules:
- Wills, administration and estates – commentary and worked examples on will drafting, transferable nil rate band, using IPDIs, provisions for children, pilot trusts, instruments of variation and disclaimer and tax efficient administration. It also covers donatio mortis causa, the instestacy rules and inheritance act claims.
- Lifetime tax planning - commentary and worked examples on all aspects of giving and tax law, looking at specific topics including trusts and settlements, the family home, CGT main residence relief, as well as tax planning using statutory reliefs and exemptions.
- Precedents – a comprehensive bank of precedents with downloadable word files to assist drafting.
- HMRC Guidance – full text of relevant guidance including CGT and the Compliance Handbook.
- Case transcripts – full text of key cases arranged by year with links from to the cases from the text.
The service will be updated twice a year following the Budget and the Autumn Statement.
Christopher Whitehouse is a barrister at 5 Stone Buildings. He advises on all aspects of private client taxation, trusts estates and wills, and is recommended as a leading junior for his private client work in the current editions of Chambers UK, The Legal 500 and Legal Experts.
Professor Lesley King is a Solicitor, and Professor and Professional Development Consultant with The University of Law.
Wills, Administration and EstatesThis is a comprehensive guide to the tax efficient drafting of wills, estate planning and administration. It provides practitioners with help and guidance, and discusses the typical problems and pitfalls that may be encountered in practice. The precedents have been carefully selected to deal in a straightforward fashion with the common needs of clients. The text is supplemented with a bank of precedents, and links to case transcripts, HMRC Guidance and selected legislation.
Lifetime Tax Planning
A comprehensive guide to both the legal framework and tax planning strategies, through a combination of detailed narrative, worked examples and precedents. It includes coverage of:
- Essential Law on Giving
- Essential Tax Law
- Trusts and Settlements
- The Family
- Particular Assets
- Using Statutory Reliefs and Exemptions
Lifetime Tax Planning provides practitioners with help and guidance on everyday planning and drafting issues, and discusses the typical problems and pitfalls that may be encountered in practice.
The text is supplemented with a bank of precedents, and links to case transcripts, HMRC Guidance and selected legislation.
Tax Planning, Wills and Administration Precedents brings together into one place all the precedents and precedent clauses found in both Wills, Administration and Estates and Lifetime Tax Planning.
Tax Planning Wills and Administration Guidance pulls together the key HMRC guidance referred to in the text of both Wills, Administration and Estates and Lifetime Tax Planning.
Tax Planning, Wills and Administration Cases complement the text of both Wills Administration and Estate Planning and Lifetime Tax Planning with transcripts of the most significant cases. Transcripts are made available of cases referred to extensively in the service, giving the private client lawyer first-hand access to the important decisions on many areas of private client practice.
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.
You May Also Like
Provides practitioners with help and guidance on everyday planning and drafting issues
A guide to the tax efficient drafting of wills, administration and estate planning
"An invaluable source of succint articles that are always currently relevant and contain the ...