Law and PracticeFROM £59.00
A comprehensive guide to the operation of the Mental Health law in the UK.
This edition builds on the success of Mental Health: The New Law (Jordans New Law Series) which was published in response to the Mental Health Act 2007.
This edition has been extensively revised to include all the latest developments including:
- changes to Tribunal system following the implementation of the Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Act
- the Mental Health Act Code of Practice 2008
- introduction of the Deprivation of Liberty provisions and accompanying Code of Practice
The text of the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended) is reproduced in full, together with selected provisions from other relevant statutes.
- Overview of the Mental Health Act 2007
- ‘Mental Disorder’ and the Availability of Appropriate Treatment
- Statutory Powers and Responsibilities: the Powers and Duties of Mental Health Staff
- Relatives, Independent Mental Health Advocates, and Hospital Managers
- Powers of Detention under the Mental Health Act 1983 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Detention of Mentally Disordered Offenders
- Compulsory Powers in the Community
- Discharge and Review of the Lawfulness of Detention by Mental Health Review Tribunals and the Courts
- Consent to Treatment for Mental Disorder
- Criminal Offences and Transfer of Patients Between Jurisdictions
"this edition is a valuable book and one which ought to be on the shelves of professionals, non-professionals and anyone who is involved with or concerned with mental health issues at all levels...an indispensable book to have at hand by everyone who has any involvement with a person lacking capacity or learning difficulties...It is a 'must have'."Family Law
"The book is particularly good when addressing the vexed question of what it means to be deprived of liberty"David Hewitt, judge of the First-tier Tribunal and the author of The Nearest Relative Handbook
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.
You May Also Like
Provides professionals at all levels with a concise handbook, offering an easily accessible guide...
A Practical Guide
A guide to the regulatory requirements placed upon residential care in registered homes