Listen to Edward and Daniel discuss trust formation and administration
.International Trust Laws
is the most reliable global source of reference on international trusts available and provides an easily accessible route to the information needed to advise clients confidently. This major work has a team of editors from XXIV Old Buildings, led by David Brownbill QC. David and his fellow editors, Jessica Hughes, Adam Cloherty, Edward Cumming and Daniel Warents, are all barristers specialising in international trust work.
The team has extensive experience of contentious, advisory and planning work across numerous jurisdictions making this an essential reference work for all business and private client advisers.
To arrange your FREE 14-day trial
to the online service or to find out how a print or online
subscription to International Trust Laws
will benefit your day-to-day work contact our Account Management Team today
- Provide expert, country-by-country commentary on the elements of trust law in each jurisdiction. Each entry is prepared by contributors with experience of working in that particular territory.
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Cook Islands
- Hong Kong
- Isle of Man
- New Zealand
- People's Republic of China
- Republic of Ireland
- San Marino
- South Africa
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Turks and Caicos Islands
Section B SPECIAL TOPICS
- In-depth analysis of a range of topics relevant to lawyers concerned with trusts in an international setting.
- Forced Heirship and the Trust
- Payment by Trustees of Foreign Taxes
- Purpose Trusts
- Trading Trusts
- Asset Protection Trusts
- Disclosure of Information by Trustees
- The Future of the Trust from a Worldwide Perspective
- Trusts, Trustees and the UK Money Laundering Regime
- The Liabilities of Trusts
- Service Providers in International Financial Law
- VISTA trusts
- Models of the Trust Idea and Uses of those Models
- The Uniform Trust Code: An Introduction
Section CCONFLICT OF LAWS
- Chapters by specialist authors on jurisdiction and enforcement of judgments, applicable law and recognition (including the application and implications of the Hague Trusts Convention), capacity and other ‘rocket launching' issues plus selected reference material.
- Jurisdiction and Enforcement of Foreign Judgments
- Launching the Rocket - Capacity and the Creation of Inter Vivos Transnational Trusts
- International Recognition of Trusts
- Appendix: Explanatory Report by Von Overbeck
- Appendix: Explanatory Report on the Brussels Convention by Schlosser
- Appendix: Council Regulation on Jurisdiction and the Recognition and Enforcement of Judgments in Civil and Commercial Matters
Section DSTATUTES (and other reference material)
- Extensive full text trust legislation from each of the jurisdictions.
Consultant EditorDavid Brownbill QC
General EditorsJessica Hughes, Adam Cloherty, Edward Cumming
and Daniel Warents
all at XXIV Old Buildings, Lincoln's Inn
ContributorsProf Dr Jur Makoto AraiJames BertlesDr iur Klaus BiedermannDr Alexandra BraunProfessor W E ButlerEmily CampbellDr Trevor CarmichaelMatthew CarnSamuel E CommissiongMatthew ConaglenOwen Curry
Simon DaviesEd DevenportAdam DoyleAnthony DuckworthProfessor David M EnglishMartine FlemingSir Henry de B Forde QCMonica Galea JohnJohn GlassonRobert Ham QCProfessor Jonathan HarrisJustice David HaytonJonathan Hilliard QCErin HitchensLusina Ho
Professor Alastair Hudson
Pia HundalKhairul Azhar KhairuddinKenneth W KingmaIsaac N LegairJames LevySylvia Nicole LiverpoolParaic Madigan
Lucinda E MainMichael McAuleyLydia McCormackJay H McDowellChristopher J McKenzieRobert MillerAriel Misick
Mathew NewmanJohn O'SullivanMarcus Parker
Priscilla PattooRichard F G PeaseKamala RichardsonMarilyn Piccini RoyEd PowlesSimon RaeEdward ReedJohn RhodesKeith RobinsonBajul ShahMichael ShineJonathan SmalleyRachel SteedenWendy StenningJohn StephensMichael Tennet QCPravir TesiramProfessor Geraint Thomas QCHeather ThompsonAndrea TratnikGabriel TribaldosMuhammad R C UteemAndrea VicariNicola WalkerProfessor Donovan Waters QCElizabeth WeaverHarry WigginDavid W WilsonMelissa WongJudge Basil Wunsh
Editorial team contact details
Editors, International Trust Laws
XXIV Old Buildings
DX 306 LDE
T: +44 (0)20 7691 2424
F: +44 (0)870 460 2178
The following sections have been amended:
● Section B – Special Topics, Chapter 2 – Payment by Trustees of Foreign Taxes and Chapter 19 – Shams, Revocable Trusts and Retention of Control.
● Section D – Statutes, Appendix 1 – England.
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.