A 10.3% VAT charge will be added to this product at the checkout as it includes a CD-ROM.Civil Court Service
(‘The Brown Book’) provides access to the full text of the CPR and all relevant materials in a single volume, combined with authoritative commentary from a team of leading judges and practitioners.
Under the Editorship of His Honour Judge Graeme Smith, the Brown Book provides concise, relevant commentary to practitioners who need fast and reliable answers to procedural matters in the civil courts.
Civil Court Service 2016 includes amendments to the CPR up to and including the 83rd Update. The 2016 edition has been substantially revised to incorporate:
2016 Subscription Information
- Various changes to the CPR including:
- new rule 3.1A dealing with cases involving unrepresented parties
- a revised PD5B dealing with electronic filing and communication and a new PD51O introducing the new electronic working pilot scheme
- amendments to Part 47 setting out new requirements for breakdown of costs and new Precedents Q and R
- new PD51P (Pilot for Insolvency Express Trials)
- new Part 89 (Attachment of Earnings)
- amended Pre-Action Protocols
- General updates to take account of recent case-law such as:
- Thevarajah v Riorden  UKSC 78 on relief from sanctions
- Alpha Rocks Solicitors v Alade  EWCA Civ 685 on misconduct
- Changes to housing legislation brought about by the Deregulation Act 2015
- Latest versions of Court Guides including the new fourth edition of the Queen’s Bench Court Guide and the Chancery Guide 2016
- Expert commentary from a team of highly experienced and specialist judges and practitioners
- Courts’ Directory, providing up-to-date contact details for all courts
By subscribing to Civil Court Service
you will be placed on standing order to receive the main work, autumn supplement and newsletters until countermanded.
To arrange your FREE 14-day trial
to the online service or to find out how a print or online
subscription to Civil Court Service
will benefit your day-to-day work contact our Account Management Team today
"Contemporary in outlook and designed to keep you up to date. 'The Brown Book' isn't just a book -- it's a service -- and very good value too, for busy civil practices"An appreciation by Phillip Taylor MBE and Elizabeth Taylor of Richmond Green ChambersRead the full reviewReviews from Previous editions"an invaluable reference resource ... Every practitioner needing to stay up to date with developments within civil jurisdiction should acquire a copy."An appreciation by Phillip Taylor MBE and Elizabeth Taylor of Richmond Green ChambersRead the full reviewWatch the review"Essential for civil practitioners: A concise and reliable guide to a wide range of civil litigation problems ... for civil practitioners or anyone participating professionally in the civil justice system Civil Court Practice 2012 is an indispensable guide to litigation governed by the Civil Procedure rules, the Practice Directions and Pre-Action Protocols ... this guide is economical, concise, readable and simple to use, yet at the same time packed with all pertinent details, inculding extensive footnotes and annotations ... continues to offer detailed procedural guidance from a distinguished team of prominent judges and leading practitioners and should prove invaluable to anyone involved in civil litigation ... particularly useful for the general civil litigator, especially in the county court ... useful and easily navigable ... a free CD ROM includes the entire text of the book, plus a number of forms you can complete on-screen ... this is a brilliant shorter resource and certainly value for money."
For the full review click herePhillip Taylor MBE and Elizabeth Taylor of Richmond Green Chambers
"... by far the easiest of the civil court books to work with quickly; it is well laid out and has everything I need in one volume. The procedural guides and annotations are just about right and avoid prolixity." District Judge George Cawood, Portsmouth County Court
"a very impressive and comprehensive service ... easy to navigate"William Batstone, Barrister, Guildhall Chambers, Bristol
"very easy to use ... a vital aid"APIL Newsletter
“a matter of professional necessity to acquire your copy … very handy whether you’re preparing a case or dealing with it in court and the CD saves massive time … the natural choice for the general civil litigator”Phillip Taylor MBE and Elizabeth Taylor, Richmond Green Chambers
"Civil Court Service 2010 has been called the natural choice for the general civil litigator, especially in the County Court"
The Pears - Worcestershire Law Society
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.