This pack provides newly formed businesses with guidance on complying with regulations and being alert to legalisticissues in company commercial matters.
The pack contains three books and some factsheets written by leading experts - more information on the content can be found on the contents tab.
The benefits of pack is that it enables you to:
- Quickly understand what you must comply with, without having to decipher through a lot of information
- Effectively brief your advisor, saving you both time and fees
- Always have access to facts, written by experts but without the jargon
You will find guidance on
- Company compliance governing the running of a limited company
- Protecting your intellectual property - your trade marks, patents, product designs and proprietary software
- Data protection regulations - keeping your customer and staff data safe
- Using a non-disclosure agreement to protect confidential information
- Corporate insurance - what does this mean?
- Your duties as a company director and bringing in a company director from outside
- Employing people within regulations and following good practice with sample documentation
- Bringing in new shareholders, ensure you have an agreement in place
- Why and when to ask a solicitor to review the company's articles
This pack contains three books and an information booklet on business matters.
Running a Limited Company
Employment Guide to Procedures
Director's Guide to Duties
Factsheets Compliance and Legal Risks
contains information on:
Reviewing your company articles
Why a Shareholder Agreement is important
Health and safety
Commercial lease checklist
Tax breaks for R&D, internet businesses, grants and government funding
Read the contents for Running a Limited Company
Read the contents for Employment Guide to Procedures
Read the contents for Director's Guide to Duties
INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS START-UP PACKJordan Publishing Business Start-up Pack
is designed to provide the newly-formed business with expert guidance on complying with regulations along with pointers on some legalistic issues which can sometimes trip up the unwary business owner. This Pack is equally relevant to the business owner who has set up business in the last two years and is encountering a number of regulatory matters as the business expands.
The Pack is delivered in digital format for ease of access and portability. It contains extensive information so we therefore recommend that you view it on screen and only print those pages as required using the print range button on your screen.
In navigating the contents you will see that the Pack contains four books:
Running a Limited Company
- Running a Limited Company
- Employment Guide to Procedures
- Director’s Guide to Duties
- Factsheets on Compliance and Legal Risks
now in its eighth edition is a long established textbook which has been widely used by thousands of small companies. It is a good starting point for understanding all the compliance and regulatory elements governing a private limited company.Employment Guide to Procedures
guides you through the highly regulated process of recruiting and employing staff and implementing proper procedures. There are also a handful of employment templates drafted by a leading expert in employment law that may prove useful as a prompt for briefing your legal advisor on what you require in terms of employment documentation.Director’s Guide to Duties
is presented in a question and answer format that distils the duties owed by a director including appointing a director from outside the owners of the company.The Factsheets on Compliance and Legal Risks
provide a mixture of compliance and commercial information ranging from corporate insurance, health and safety policy, entering into an NDA, understanding how intellectual property law is used to protect patents, to complying with data protection rules when dealing with customers.
If you would like to receive news updates on regulatory and compliance matters you can visit Jordan Publishing’s Law for Business News and Comment website and sign up for regular updates at http://www.jordanpublishing.co.uk/practice-areas/law-for-business
Read the Preface of Running a Limited Company
Read the Preface of Director's Guide to Duties
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.