The Conservative Party Manifesto did not mention occupational health and safety so it is hoped that their attentions will shift away from the 'deregulation agenda'. IOSH, however, has published its own manifesto, which sets out its vision on the subject. The manifesto would like to see the government:
- promoting the business case for safety and health: show businesses how managing health and safety can save lives, cut costs and boost productionFor more information visit the IOSH website.
- improving occupational health: help prevent work-related illness and death and save more than £10 billion a year lost due to occupational cancers
- designing in safety and health: factor in safety and health for tomorrow's workforce and 'day one' of all new projects, helping to ensure sustainability and success
- championing safety and health in corporate social responsibility/sustainability: encourage businesses to go beyond legal minima on safety and health and performance reporting as part of corporate social responsibility
- developing competent workforces: promote the value of 'marbling' safety and health competence throughout organisations and across sectors.