The Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 2015 have now been published and can be accessed here.
Some of the changes introduced by the new Regulations include:
- an updated list of substances;
- a new requirement for co-operation in emergency planning by designated authorities in tests of the external emergency plan;
- a requirement for more widespread provision of information by public bodies;
- requirements for the competent authority on inspection;
- disclosure of information, with local authorities now needing to inform people likely to be affected, following a major accident.