Our website is set to allow the use of cookies. For more information and to change settings click here. If you are happy with cookies please click "Continue" or simply continue browsing. Continue.

Insolvency Law

Expert guidance on all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency

01 NOV 2011

Re Porritt (A Bankrupt); (1) Barnett (2) Henley Estates Ltd v (1) Rose (2) Jackaman (3) Bales, (A G Bompas QC (sitting as a deputy High Court judge), Chancery Division, 21 Sep 2011)

The principal asset in P’s bankruptcy was a 40% shareholding in a company. The other 60% were owned by J and B. After the bankruptcy, J and B claimed to be entitled to purchase P’s shares pursuant to the pre-emption machinery contained in the company's articles of association, for which purpose, the company appointed its reporting accountant to prepare a certificate of fair value.


To view the full text, please log in.


To receive a FREE 14 day online trial to Insolvency Law Online click here.

Individual Voluntary Arrangements

Individual Voluntary Arrangements

"This is the ultimate statement of where the law on IVAs is to be found in our great common law...

Available in Insolvency Law Online
Bankruptcy and Personal Insolvency Reports

Bankruptcy and Personal Insolvency Reports

"BPIR is an excellent series, of interest to both corporate and personal insolvency lawyers,...

Available in Insolvency Law Online
Subscribe to our newsletters