Insolvency Law Contributors
Chris is one of the few barristers specialising only in insolvency law.
Formerly a partner at a leading regional firm of solicitors Chris has practiced in personal and commercial insolvency for 20 years.
Chris has consistently been recognised as a leading lawyer in the field of insolvency by the legal directories for many years, both as a solicitor and now a barrister.
In the past year Chris had been involved in several high profile insolvency cases and is frequently instructed by HMRC in relation to complex applications including a rare provisional liquidation. He has a particular specialty in emergency applications.
- Generally advising insolvency professionals, government departments and others affected by the numerous insolvency procedures, including:
- Corporate insolvency - all aspects of corporate insolvency, including administrations, liquidations (compulsory, voluntary and provisional), recovery actions (including freezing orders) and company voluntary arrangements.
- Partnership insolvency including administration orders, winding up and partnership voluntary arrangements.
- Acting for the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills and directors in company directors disqualification proceedings.
- Personal insolvency - all aspects including bankruptcy, annulments and individual voluntary arrangements.
- Commercial disputes, including shareholder and partnership disputes.
Simon has a dedicated insolvency practice. He undertakes litigation and advisory work in all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency law. He is recommended in Chambers UK 2014 as having "developed a strong reputation in the market for both his excellent advocacy and his advisory work" and for offering essential guidance in getting to the issue quickly and enabling a speedy resolution".
Stefan's practice encompasses corporate and personal insolvency law with a particular specialism in cross-border work. He is a member of R3 and the ILA. In November 2010 he was appointed to the Attorney General's Panel of Regional Junior Counsel to the Crown. He is also a contributor to Gore-Browne on Companies published by Jordans. He is recommended in Legal 500 and Chambers UK. Stefan has recently acted in the Wind Hellas insolvency.
Daisy is a co-author of Enforcing Family Finance Orders (Family Law) and a contributor to the Insolvency News and Comment website.
Daisy has a broad chancery practice encompassing property, insolvency and commercial litigation and advisory work. She appears regularly in the High Court and County Court and has experience in the Court of Appeal. She has been recommended in Chambers and Partners since 2010.
Holly is a barrister with a broad range of experience and expertise in insolvency, commercial and property & estates law.
James is a member of both the commercial and insolvency teams having successfully completed pupillage under the supervision of Gerard McMeel and Stefan Ramel
"This is the ultimate statement of where the law on IVAs is to be found in our great common law...