Insolvency Gongs - another slim year for insolvency, accountancy and the law (including legal academia)
It is gong time! Previous years have provided rich pickings for the world of insolvency in terms of gongs. There are a number recipients in the world of insolvency, law, legal academia and accountancy in this year's New Years Honours List 2011. The BBC Radio 4's File on Four programme did not have too much of an adverse effect on the relevant committee!
There is one stand out award for the world of insolvency and that is a CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire, a grade in the Order of the British Empire) awarded to Mr Leslie Thomas Cramp CBE, Deputy Chief Executive, Insolvency Service, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
Legal honours include:
- DOWNS, Ms Carolyn, Chief Executive, Legal Services Commission, Ministry of Justice (CB - Companion of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath)
- JOYCE, Lionel, O.B.E., lately Commissioner, Legal Services Commission. For services to the Administration of Justice (CBE).
- Dr John Anthony ROBERTS, QC DL For services to the Administration of Justice, Diversity and to Equal Opportunities (CBE).
- BELL, Graham Clark, Q.C. For services to the Legal Profession in Scotland (OBE - Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire).
- GIBBS, Colin, Senior Lawyer, Crown Prosecution Service (OBE).
- MCNALLY, Comghall. For services to Legal Education in Northern Ireland (OBE).
- RHODES, Matthew Gilbert. For services to Pro Bono Legal Advice. (OBE).
Closer to home my boss, Professor Matthew Humphreys MBE, has also received an MBE (Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire) for services to the local community in central London. Congratulations all round!
"BPIR is an excellent series, of interest to both corporate and personal insolvency lawyers,...