All your resources at your fingertips.Learn More
Do you use the London Gazette (LG) as part of your insolvency practice? This could be in electronic format or you may subscribe to the hard copy version. The publishers (TSO) of the LG are commissioning some research into how insolvency professionals use the LG. Questions that we propose to investigate will include, inter alia:
1. Whether the speed of publication makes the gazette useful as an early indicator of insolvency levels (well in advance of the official statistics) as the Gazette is available immediately whilst the official data can be up to four months behind.
2. Whether or not from the point of view of the insolvency professionals the LG does a “good job”.
3. From the point of view of the insolvency professionals how the LG could improve.
4. What the profession wants from the LG.
5. The use of the LG for IPs for business development purposes
6. The use of the LG for IPs for competitive tracking purposes
7. Whether there are specific areas of insolvency to which value/effectiveness could be added through Gazetting – Law of Property Act Receivership for example.
8. Whether access to LG data has stimulated niche, value generating service industries (eg services which consolidate information on dividends).
9. Whether there is evidence that creditors find the LG an effective way to find out about events.
Please contact me (email@example.com) if you have any thoughts on how you use the LG from an insolvency professional's perspective. If you would like to be interviewed as part of the research please also drop me a line. Or if you have any insolvency related ideas around the use of the LG please also drop me a line.
"BPIR is an excellent series, of interest to both corporate and personal insolvency lawyers,...