About Guildhall Chambers
The only specialist insolvency team outside London with a national reputation, Guildhall is home to a 15 strong team led by a dedicated insolvency silk. The team provide specialist advocacy and advice on all aspects of contentious insolvency law and all team members also advise on non contentious insolvency issues, corporate recovery and turnaround, including:
• Corporate insolvency from administrations, liquidations to asset recovery.
• Personal insolvency law, from individual voluntary arrangements to advising trustees in bankruptcy.
• Corporate and partnership break-up and shareholder disputes.
• Directors’ liabilities and prosecuting and defending directors’ disqualification proceedings.
• Disciplinary matters concerning Insolvency Practitioners, and Insolvency Practitioner’s liability.
• Acting for Official Receivers, HM Revenue & Customs and the Treasury Solicitor.
The team is instructed by most of the leading firms of insolvency lawyers and insolvency office
holders and are frequent lecturers on all aspects of insolvency. It is recognised by clients for its depth
of specialisation and the quality of its legal advice whilst retaining a commercial approach to complex
problems. The team is ably supported by an experienced and dedicated insolvency clerk, Justin Emmett,
who is recognised individually as “exceptional” in Chambers UK.
We guarantee all the benefits of a broad team structure with a dedicated insolvency silk and an experienced junior team, combining high levels of technical skill with a practical approach, backed by the latest technology.
"This is the ultimate statement of where the law on IVAs is to be found in our great common law...