A raft of new insolvency Statutory Instruments - some food for thought (and updating!)
April 2009 has seen a particular burst of legislative activity in relation to insolvency related Statutory Instruments (SIs) in all parts of the United Kingdom. The following have been promulgated:
- Financial Markets and Insolvency Regulations 2009 (SI 2009/853) - In Force: 15 June 2009
- Legislative Reform (Insolvency) (Advertising Requirements) Order 2009 (SI 2009/864) - In Force: 06 April 2009
- Bank Insolvency (No. 2) Rules (Northern Ireland) 2009 (SR 2009/122) - In Force: 01 April 2009
- Diligence against Earnings (Variation) (Scotland) Revocation Regulations 2009 (SSI 2009/133) - In Force: 28 March 2009
- Act of Sederunt (Rules of the Court of Session Amendment No. 6) (Building Society Special Administration etc.) 2009 (SSI 2009/135) - In Force: March 29, 2009 at 5.50pm
- Bankruptcy and Diligence etc. (Scotland) Act 2007 (Inhibition) Order 2009 (SSI 2009/129) - In Force: 22 April 2009
- Building Societies (Insolvency and Special Administration) Order 2009 (SI 2009/805) - In Force: 29 March 2009
- Building Society Special Administration (Scotland) Rules 2009 (SI 2009/806) - In Force: March 29, 2009 at 4pm
The Insolvency Service, Accountant in Bankruptcy, and related bodies have certainly been busy! The above will certainly keep Professors Milman and Sealy in copy for their next edition and Professor Andrew Keay and Mr Louis Doyle in copy for their 4th edition.
"BPIR is an excellent series, of interest to both corporate and personal insolvency lawyers,...