– the title of reference and record in the field of family law since 1970 – is the leading practitioner journal compiled by experts for family law professionals. The journal features the latest official guidances, in-depth case analysis and topical articles. Contents also include regular columns from the Family Law Bar Association, Resolution, The Law Society and the Association of Her Majesty's District Judges as well as news and research updates, letters and book reviews.Family Law journal
is available as either a print or online subscription.
A subscription to Family Law journal
- Personal comment from distinguished family law experts on all topical issues
- Short case reports and analysis of all important family and child law cases
- In-depth articles from leading practitioners, academics and professionals involved in the justice system
- Latest news on all key developments in family law, policy and practice
- Regular updates from the Association of District Judges, Law Society, FLBA and Resolution
- Practice Directions reproduced in full
- Other features include book reviews, letters, Resolution news and a diary of events
February 2017 - Special Pensions Issue
February  Fam Law 133Comment
Case Reports Articles
- The treatment of pensions in the Family Court: some answers needed? His Honour Judge Edward Hess
- 16th View from the President’s Chambers: children and vulnerable witnesses: where are we? Sir James Munby
- Pensions on divorce: another witches’ brew. Rhys Taylor
- Pension offsetting: is a consistent approach possible or even appropriate? George Mathieson
- Pensions – are we in denial? Beverley Morris and George Mathieson
- An effective method of enforcement? Blight v Brewster Beverley Morris and Philip Cayford QC
- Incoming international pension orders. David Salter
- Review of Practice Direction 12J FPR 2010 – Child Arrangement and Contact Orders: Domestic Violence and Harm. A Report to the President of the Family Division and a Draft Revised PD12J. The Hon Mr Justice Cobb
- Practice Guidance: Family Court – Duration of Ex Parte (Without Notice) Orders
- President’s Guidance: Allocation of work to Section 9 Judges
- Cross-examination of vulnerable people by alleged abusers in person
- Privacy v transparency in the family courts: the tension builds
- Allocation of work to s9 judges
- Online divorce
- Enforcement of financial orders
- Child tax credits and shared care
- Resolution News
- FLBA News
"the principal (monthly) periodical dealing with contemporary issues"
Sir Mark Potter P (September 2008)
“widely read legal periodical amongst the district bench according to recent Bulletin survey"
Law Bulletin, Volume 21 Number 2 (Summer 2010)
Elizabeth Walsh Solicitor and MediatorCASE EDITORS
Rebecca Bailey-Harris Barrister, 1 Hare Court
; Professor Emeritus, University of Bristol
Caroline Bridge Barrister and Solicitor, High Court of New Zealand; Honorary Fellow, University of Manchester;
Gillian Douglas Professor of Law, Cardiff Law School, Cardiff UniversityCONSULTANT EDITOR
The Hon Mr Justice Stephen CobbJournals Manager
The editors welcome the submission of material for consideration for publication.
Material submitted should be original contributions and should not be under consideration for publication in any other journal.
Contributions can only be accepted on the understanding that all copyright clearances have been obtained by the author.
A leaflet ‘Guidance for the Submission of Contributions’ is also available from the publisher or visit the submissions website
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.