Listen to the podcast by Michael Ryley explaining how TUPE: Law and Practice demystifies this area of lawWatch the video recorded by Michael Ryley
The status of employment rights on the transfer of an undertaking is a complex area of employment law, fraught with uncertainty and subject to frequent review by the courts. Proposals have been made by the Government to revise the TUPE Regulations with a view to removing unnecessary gold plating beyond the requirements of EU law and to introduce a lighter touch approach. The revised Regulations are expected to come into force early in 2014.
Upex and Ryley on TUPE: Law and Practice
offers a definitive account of the legal framework of TUPE following the implementation of the new Regulations together with a comprehensive look at the practical application of the law, dealing with such issues as:
- When the regulations apply
- The effects of a transfer
- Dismissals and issues arising in connection with a transfer
- Information and consultation requirements on the effect on pension rights
The text has been fully revised from the first edition and provides full coverage of:
- The Collective Redundancies and Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) (Amendment) Regulations 2014
- All significant new case-law such as Albron Catering v FNF Bondgenoten (2011), Eddie Stobart v Moreman (2012), Hunter v McCarrick (2012) and Todd v Strain (2011)
- Contains relevant legislation, guidance notes and precedents
Extensive appendices include expertly drafted precedents, the full text of all relevant regulations and the European Directive, as well as the Cabinet Office Statement of Practice on Staff Transfers in the Public Sector.
TUPE: Law and Practice
will be essential reading for all employment lawyers, human resource professionals and those involved in outsourcing, business transfers and sales.
" this is a comprehensive look at the practical application of the law pertaining to TUPE and a completely up-to-date one... this new edition includes full coverage of the new Regulations...This is definitely reason enough to purchase this latest edition...the key issues arising from TUPE are examined in detail with emphasis on their practical application."Phillip Taylor MBE and Elizabeth Taylor of Richmond,
Read the full review click here
Listen to the full review click here
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.