Employment Agencies, Recruitment Agencies and Agency Workers
A Practical Guide to the LawFROM £83.00
Provides comprehensive coverage of the regulation of recruitment agencies, employment agencies and agency workers
* Call 0330 161 1234 to find out more about online services
Employment Agencies, Recruitment Agencies and Agency Workers approaches the subject from both agency regulations and employment law. The first part of the book provides practical guidance on the statutory regulation of employment agencies and recruitment agencies under the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and the Gangmasters (Licensing) Act 2004 together with their ancillary Regulations. It also examines the recent reforms introduced in the Immigration Act 2016 which are likely to have a profound effect upon the regulation of employment agencies and recruitment agencies operating in the labour market.
The second part of the book discusses the various strands of employment law that impact recruiting and employing agency workers. Specifically chapters cover the rights of agency workers, ranging from the common law development of the law in relation to the employment status of agency workers through to the statutory rights and protections provided by the Agency Worker Regulations 2010. There is also coverage on discrete issues such as potential liability for the acts of agency workers and the taxation of agency workers.
Essential practical guidance for employment solicitors and barristers advising companies and agencies, and in-house compliance officers advising on employment regulatory matters.
- The Statutory Regulation of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses
- The Maritime Shipping Recruitment Agencies and Employment Agencies Regulations
- Gangmaster and Labour Abuse
- The Gangmaster and Labour Abuse Authority’s Licensing Regime
- Regulatory Enforcement
- The 2016 Labour Market Reforms
- The Employment Status of Agency Workers
- The Agency Worker Regulations
- Discrimination against Agency Workers
- Agency workers and public interest disclosure
- Other Statutory Rights Applicable to Agency Workers
- Vicarious Liability for the Acts of Agency Workers
- The Taxation of Agency Workers
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.
You May Also Like
"exceptional value for money in today's challenging legal environment" John Mitton, PG Legal
Jordan Publishing Employment Law Series
This work offers a range of employment precedents, tried and tested dealing with the different...