Registration of Company Charges£112.00
A comprehensive guide to the requirements and procedure for registering charges
* Call 0330 161 1234 to find out more about online services
This new edition provides guidance on distinguishing charges which require registration and those which do not, and explains in detail the mechanisms of the registration system with particular attention given to the roles of the various parties to the process. It also contains practical advice on the complex issue of determining priorities between competing charges over the same property and considers weaknesses in the registration regime and the inadequacies of the priority rules.
Fully updated, this new edition is timed to take into account the implementation of relevant provisions of the Companies Act 2006 and key developments including:
- Full coverage of the new registration of charges regime introduced by Part 25 of the Companies Act 2006
- A comparison of the new law with previous company legislation
- Coverage of the case law since the publication of the last edition including the implications of the Spectrum decision
- Full consideration of the new regime for the registration of charges created by foreign-registered companies including the replacement of the Slavenburg register
- Detailed examination of the priority position with competing charges over the same property
- Consideration of the prospect of further legislative reforms and the scope of such reforms
- The Nature of Security Interests
- The Objectives of the Company Charge Registration System
- Charges Requiring Registration
- Charges and Consensual Security Rights not Requiring Registration
- Registration of Charges and Reservation of Title Clauses
- Mechanics of Registration
- Registration and Priorities
- Company Charge Registration and Overseas Companies
- Statutes - Companies Act 2006, Part 25
- Statutory Instruments - The Overseas Companies (Execution of Documents and Registration of Charges) Regulations 2009
"quality of the analysis is impressive ... an indispensible guide ... excellent value for money ... a key text for any self-respecting corporate law library"Student Law Journal
"registration of charges is a topic of considerable practical importance and practitioners will welcome the appearance of a second edition of this very informative book ... a comprehensive handbook for the busy practitioner dealing with all aspects of registration of charges ... a worthwhile addition to every practitioner's library and it will continue to be of lasting value to them for many years to come"The Law Teacher
"the author is to be congratulated."International Company and Commercial Law review
"crisp and clear.."
"in a work which can properly take its place on the bookshelf of any serious practitioner in this area"
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.
You May Also Like
Explains what stage the implementation process has now reached.
A Practical Guide
Eoin O'Shea explains the new UK Bribery Act 2010 in detail and provides practical guidance on...