Company Acquisition of Own Shares£100.00
This book provides the practitioner with a comprehensive analysis of the law relating to own share acquisition
This new edition fully updates the work to take into account tax changes, case-law and reforms relating to shareholder approval and the source of payment of the purchase price.
This is a very technical area of the law highly governed by regulation which requires a high level of expertise. This edition provides good insight into this subject:
- Providing comprehensive analysis of the law from both company and tax perspectives
- Sets out procedures to follow highlighting the tax implications and how tax savings can be made
- Key precedents for the main types of transactions involved
- The rule against own share acquisitions
- Shares held by a company’s nominees
- The issue of redeemable shares
- A company’s power to purchase its own shares
- The procedure for an own share purchase
- The source of the payment for a purchase or redemption
- Treasury Shares
- Own share purchases and the articles
- Own share purchase contracts
- Financial Assistance
- Tax: The ‘Distribution’ Element
- Purchases for the benefit of the trade
- Payments to assist in discharging a liability to inheritance tax
- Section 219: Returns, clearances and powers of Information
- Purchases from a dealer in securities
- Taxes on Income: Other consequences of purchases and redemptions
- Other fiscal consequences
"When a company - i.e. a limited company - buys its own shares, what are the implications, particularly the tax implications? This highly regarded legal text now published in a new sixth edition by Jordans, provides the practitioner with the answers to this and any number of other relevant questions.An appreciation by Phillip Taylor MBE and Elizabeth Taylor of Richmond Green Chambers
The book .. covers the whole area of own share acquisition, providing practical advice and clarifying a formidably wide range of difficult and sometimes confusing issues. Whether you are a company lawyer, barrister, accountant or tax adviser, this book - also available as an eBook - will enhance your understanding of this complex area."
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.
You May Also Like
A practical guide on the legal, accounting and tax compliance rules and implications on running a...
Considers the changes made to the law on shares and share capital by the 2006 Act