Alcock, Birds and Gale on The Companies Act 2006£90.00
Explains what stage the implementation process has now reached.
It covers all those SIs required to implement the Act with the exception of the 8th Commencement Order which does not come into force until 1 October 2009, and includes a table of when the various sections have come into force. The problems associated with this staggered implementation are also discussed.
This new work builds on the success of Companies Act 2006: The New Law (Jordans New Law Series) and includes a new chapter on the staggered commencement of the Act with information on the transitional provisions and provides practical guidance of new regulations governing:
- company accounts and reporting and audited accounts
- duties of appointment and removal of auditors and Part 42 governing supervision of auditors
- important changes affecting directors duties including conflicts and the concept of general duties
- amendments designed to modify and streamline the law on debentures
- Introduction to the Companies Act 2006
- The Problems with Staggered Commencement
- Types of Companies Subject to the Companies Act 2006
- Registration, Re-registration, Striking Off and Restoration
- Registrars, Registers, Returns and Charges
- Company and Business Names
- Constitutions, Capacity and Contracts
- Records and Communications
- Company Meetings and Resolutions
- Polls of Quoted Companies
- Directors, Management and the Company Secretary
- Directors' Duties
- Remedies for Members
- Allotment of Shares
- Certification and Transfer of Securities; Debentures
- Shares, Share Capital and Distributions
- Political Donations and Expenditure
- Accounts and Reports
- Filing of Accounts and Defective Accounts
- Requirement for Audited Accounts
- Functions and Duties of Auditors
- Appointment, Removal and Resignation of Auditors
- Statutory Auditors and Their Supervision
- Implementing the Takeovers Directive
- Implementing the Transparency Directive and Corporate Governance Matters
- Investigations, Reconstructions, Offences and Other Matters
- Companies Act 2006
- Table of Origins and Destinations
"clear and concise ... a highly useful title for scholars of company law ... a worthwhile text ... Well written and highly informative"International Journal of Law and Management
(Reviews of Companies Act 2006: The New Law - Jordans New Law Series)
"efficient commentary ... indispensable ... recommended."SOLICITORS JOURNAL
"comprehensive ... excellent value"
BUSINESS LAW REVIEW
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.
You May Also Like
A Practical Guide
Eoin O'Shea explains the new UK Bribery Act 2010 in detail and provides practical guidance on...
A Guide for Private Companies
A concise and practical guide for private companies, explaining the procedures, obligations and...