The Law of Partnerships and LLPs: A Practical Guide provides commentary and insight for practitioners and those managing firms on the day-to-day legal issues that arise in the specialist field of partnerships and LLPs.
Written by a team of experts, a leading partnership and LLP barrister with many years of litigation experience, a solicitor with specialist expertise in partnership and LLP structures and agreements, and a leading academic in the field.
It provides clear and practical guidance onthe main issues that arise time and again in the world of partnerships andLLPs. Whilst there are many importantdifferences between traditional partnerships and LLPs, the practical issuesthat they face are often similar and the authors therefore tackle both areas inthe one book. The focus is onthose areas that regularly cause difficulty in firms (be they a traditionalpartnership or an LLP).
Subjects covered by the bookinclude:
View the leaflet.
- The keycharacteristics of partnerships and LLPs
- Factorsinfluencing choice of legal entity
- The essentialelements of partnership and members' agreements
- Managementstructures including management boards and partnership councils
- Conduct ofmeetings
- Mergers, acquisitions and conversions
- Partnership/LLPproperty and profits and losses
- Accounts,taxation and audit
- Litigating partnership and LLP disputes (courts, arbitration and mediation)
- Partner andmember expulsions and compulsory retirements
- Suspension and garden leave
- Duties ofpartners and members
- Liability ofpartners
- Repudiation ofpartnership and LLP agreements
- Equality Actimplications and issues
- Personalliability issues
- Dissolution andwinding-up
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.