Manual of Construction Agreements£408.00
"The ultimate statement on construction agreements for leading practitioners at the construction bar"
Phillip Taylor MBE and Elizabeth Taylor, Richmond Green Chambers
* Call 0330 161 1234 to find out more about online services
The Manual of Construction Agreements is a comprehensive guide to the law and practice governing construction contracts, with a focus on the major standard form agreements. Written by Richard Cockram, one of the country’s leading construction lawyers, it includes a comprehensive bank of expertly drafted amendments to the standard form agreements and a suite of precedents, together with guidance and drafting notes.
Construction drafting is a central part of commercial property transactions, raising complex issues of law, interpretation and procedure. The key to addressing these issues lies in having rapid access to draft forms of agreement and specialist expertise based on a sound understanding of industry practice, case-law and current legislation.
Benefits of the service include:
- Available in both print and online.
- An exhaustive suite of over 100 expertly drafted and comprehensively annotated forms and precedents, written from the perspective of end-users.
- Accompanying CD-ROM containing the precedents, allowing you to download the documents onto your PC and adapt them to your own needs.
- A 650-page statement of relevant law and practice - including detailed commentary on the principal industry-standard forms.
- Updated twice a year to cover relevant developments in construction law and practice.
- An introduction to contractual arrangements relating to construction procurement, the appointment of design consultants and related matters.
- In-depth analysis of the relevant areas of law that have been the subject of recent developments in the form of new legislation or reported cases, or in which certain difficult problems remain to be resolved.
- A new chapter and accompanying forms and precedents covering the FIDIC contracts, which are the most widely used forms for contracts internationally for the construction, plant and design industries.
Part A Law and Practice
- The Nature of Construction Contracts
- The JCT Contracts
- Non-JCT Construction Contracts
- Standard Form Consultants' Appointments
- Collateral Warranties and Third Party Rights
- Guarantee Bonds and Parent Company Guarantees
- Letters of Intent
- The CDM Regulations
- Relevant Legislation
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation and Arbitration
- Dispute Resolution: Adjudication, Expert Determination and ADR
- The Form and Content of Deeds and Documents
- The Execution of Deeds and Other Documents
Part B Forms
- Consultants' Appointments
- Amendments to JCT Contracts
- Amendments to ICE Contracts
- Amendments to NEC/ECC Contract
- Management Contracting
- Collateral Warranties
- Letters of Intent
- Surety Documents
"This excellent loose leaf work is best described as the definitive practitioner’s guide to construction drafting and is a pre-requisite for those members practising at the Construction Bar. As to be expected, it’s the complete guide to all aspects of the relevant law and practice for construction agreements and there is nothing better."Phillip Taylor MBE and Elizabeth Taylor, Richmond Green Chambers
Read the full review
Watch the full review
2-volume looseleaf and CD-ROM*
£408.00 main work + p&p
2 updates per year (approx. £345.00 each, invoiced upon publication). You will continue to receive updates until you countermand this.
Pay as you go subscription
*This CD-ROM is designed to run on Windows based systems. To check your system compatibility please contact our helpdesk on 0117 917 5396.
This Update 22 revises 17 of the 20 chapters in Part A (Law and Practice) and adds or revises a number of Forms in Part B (Forms).
As well as covering more routine reported decisions, legislation, publications and other developments appearing since the preparation of Update 21, the latest changes to Part A include coverage of the following more notable matters:
– in Chapter 1, the reforming 2015 decisions of the Supreme Court in Paddy Arnold v Rodney Britton, in M&S v BNP Paribas and in Cavendish Square Holdings BV v Makdessi, relating respectively to the construction of contracts, implied contract terms and the law of penalties;
– in Chapter 1B, recent developments concerning Building Information Modelling;
– in Chapter 1C, some important regulations, guidance and reported cases affecting the recently reformed public procurement law;
– in Chapter 7, an exploration of the new (or reinvented) concept of Integrated Project Insurance;
– in Chapter 12A, a review of the Modern Slavery Act 2015, as relevant to the construction sector;
– in Chapter 13, a review of the CIArb’s Arbitration Rules 2015;
– in Chapter 14, a review of the CIArb’s Dispute Board Rules 2014.
The main additions to Part B are a specimen clause relating to the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and a reducing on-demand indemnity bond. A number of other Forms in Part B have been revised and updated.
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.
You May Also Like
Law, Practice and Precedents
Full guidance on how to set up, convert to or purchase commonholds
The New Law: A Guide to the Land Registration Act 2002
A practical guide to the Act and its implications for property practitioners