All your resources at your fingertips.Learn More
All of your Company Law resources at your fingertipsFind Out More
"The ultimate statement on construction agreements for leading practitioners at the construction bar"
Phillip Taylor MBE and Elizabeth Taylor, Richmond Green Chambers
* Call 0117 917 5100 to find out more about online services
"This excellent loose leaf work is best described as the definitive practitioner’s guide to construction drafting and is a pre-requisite for those members practising at the Construction Bar. As to be expected, it’s the complete guide to all aspects of the relevant law and practice for construction agreements and there is nothing better."Phillip Taylor MBE and Elizabeth Taylor, Richmond Green Chambers
Export PDFs - including articles and paginated court-friendly case-law
Complete Library - Choose a bespoke package and subscribe to the content that is relevant to you
Save Recent Topics - Keep your research topics in one place for future referenceKeep Informed - View regularly updated news and comment, case reports, legislation and forms
This Update 22 revises 17 of the 20 chapters in Part A (Law and Practice) and adds or revises a number of Forms in Part B (Forms).
As well as covering more routine reported decisions, legislation, publications and other developments appearing since the preparation of Update 21, the latest changes to Part A include coverage of the following more notable matters:
– in Chapter 1, the reforming 2015 decisions of the Supreme Court in Paddy Arnold v Rodney Britton, in M&S v BNP Paribas and in Cavendish Square Holdings BV v Makdessi, relating respectively to the construction of contracts, implied contract terms and the law of penalties;
– in Chapter 1B, recent developments concerning Building Information Modelling;
– in Chapter 1C, some important regulations, guidance and reported cases affecting the recently reformed public procurement law;
– in Chapter 7, an exploration of the new (or reinvented) concept of Integrated Project Insurance;
– in Chapter 12A, a review of the Modern Slavery Act 2015, as relevant to the construction sector;
– in Chapter 13, a review of the CIArb’s Arbitration Rules 2015;
– in Chapter 14, a review of the CIArb’s Dispute Board Rules 2014.
The main additions to Part B are a specimen clause relating to the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and a reducing on-demand indemnity bond. A number of other Forms in Part B have been revised and updated.
Have a question about this product? Please get in touch by completing the boxes below.
A digital library comprising an extensive range of leading construction and property law books
Full guidance on how to set up, convert to or purchase commonholds